Massage has so many benefits that we wonder why we do not do it more often. For some it is a treat and for others once you know the benefits you schedule it for more often, like monthly or even weekly.
Here are the Main Benefits of Massage;
- Reducing stress and increasing relaxation.
- Reducing pain and muscle soreness and tension.
- Improving circulation, energy and alertness.
- Lowering heart rate and blood pressure – activation of the parasympathetic nervous system’s ‘rest and digest’ mode helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate.
- Improved bone blood supply – brings calcium and other minerals to your bones to support their strength and function.
- Lymphatic detox – balance the fluid and the function of your immune system.Digestive Wellbeing – stress takes it toll on your digestive system – increases saliva, gastric juice, and insulin.
- Improves breathing – release of tension in your shoulders, chest and neck muscles assists respiration – deeper breathing.
A wonderful treat for yourself or partner. You can use SPoil Hydrating Massage oil which is formulated to glide over the skin and not dry out. You can either use it on its own or add your own essential oil blend depending on what you want to achieve e.g. lavender for relaxation, rose for romance, rosemary for muscle tension.
Doing it Yourself -
You can massage your own feet and get the benefits of reflexology, which is an ancient Chinese art of applying pressure to areas of the foot that correspond to the energy of specific organs and body parts to promote healing and release energy blockages. Foot reflexology can boost the immune system, increase circulation, cleanse toxins from the body and balance energy, triggers relaxation resulting in reduced levels of stress and tension. This practice is also helpful in increasing blood flow and circulation throughout the body.
It is recommended to drink a full glass of water to replenish what is flushed out. Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol as these are stimulants and will reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. Eat a light and healthy diet to allow your body to put its energy into healing.
Here are some of my favourite aromatherapy essential oil blends that will help with certain wants from your massage:
Uplifting Foot Massage:
10ml massage oil and add
2 drops thyme
1 drops geranium.
Relaxation Body Massage:
30ml massage oil and add
4 drops frankincense
4 drops lavender
2 drops orange
15ml of carrier oil and add
15 drops eucalyptus
10 drop lime
10 drop ginger
5 drop basil.
Always use 100% essential oils and then blend with SPoil Hydrating Massage oil